I have recently started gardening, using the sq ft gardening method. My soiless mix is composed of equal portions of compost, vermiculite, and coco peat. My cucumber plants have grown up to 5' tall, and has many yellow flowers. It was looking healthy till last week, until the bottom most leaves have started to wither and have gotten brown. In a matter of few days, half the plant is now brown.
Please give me your advise and suggestions, as what I can do at such a situation. Why the same should happen? I don't want to loose my plants. Thanks. Archana
it could be a fungal disease. it could be caused by careless watering/overcrowding or caused by a fungus in the soil.
1. 100 grams of neem cake/manure should be applied in the top layer of ur soil( 1 foot length X 1foot breadth and 1 foot depth) and mixed before sowing/transplanting.
2. only 2 vines should be retained in pit (1 foot length X 1foot breadth and 1 foot depth).
3. the same place shouldnt be used to grow gourds again in the next cycle./follow crop rotation.
1. leaves crop(spinach/cabbage/kholrabi....)
2. fruit crop( cucumbers,tomatoes,egg plants,melon,pepper......)
3. root crop
4.soil building and cleaning crop(beans,lab lab,corns, peas...)
Thank you so much.
The vine is almost gone now. But still I will try what you told me.
I think it's careless watering. I pour water all over the leaves, and I'll stop that right away.
Thanks for the information. Will be trying out the same this weekend.
Please can you inform me where this solution is bought?
Most Users Ever Online: 134
Currently Browsing this Page:
Guest Posters: 143
Newest Members:Sangita, KalisaLow, CharlesHed, Natashaaceno, Jackiedug, anuragkumar, Thomasjob, Ozmafaprins, Dabbu, FrankPem, CeccilSor, TERenlMt, WilliamFains, DenlHaps, ShnurokTob
Moderators: Srikanth: 368
Administrators: geekgardener: 691