December 1, 2010
May 1, 2010
October 23, 2010
November 28, 2010
December 7, 2010
Hi to all,
Thanks for all the compliments about the pictures. All your encouragements and tips will help me in bring up better efforts in future.
Sorry to hear that sowergrower lost rose plants. Your information about the state of rose plants are not in detail. I want details about all if need pictures will help. If possible post the pictures. I will help in giving you tips of picking good rose plants.
There are some basic observation to be done before buying
any plant of your choice.
Look for any fresh growth on the stem
irrespective of the colour of the stem (Green or dark brown). If you find that
the stem is brown run your nail longitudinally(scratch along the main stem with
your nail a little bit). If you can find green colour, it means stem is active
with cambium flow otherwise it is a dead plant.
Basically the young plant should be hydrated
well if you touch top soil, it should be soft.
For buying healthy rose plants it should have at
least 3 main pencil size canes from graft area. At least 2 canes should be there.
After buying a young plant pinch young buds to
encourage a new growth. You should be ruthless to do it.
December 4, 2010
Here are some Fragrant Roses:
- paneer roses are the locally available ones and are extremely fragrant. They grow in bunches and the flower will hold only a day or two. Two colours are available a dark pink and a llight/medium pink
- Double Delight: very fragrant, but stingy in growth and blooms. When it blooms, it is a sight to behold.
- Jadis : medium pink, hybrid tea, flowers rather freely and has a good scent.
- Mr Lincoln: bright red.
- Perfume perfection : very spicy scent, light pink, floribunda.
- Sweet chariot: purple/blue miniature, very free and in huge clusters.
- Fragrant Plum: Lavender, scented.
- Fragrant lace : White and pink scented.
- Sweet Surrender: huge medium pink blooms and great scent.
You could check KSG roses in Chamarajpet for some of these varieties. Ph: 080 - 22420440. You will need to order them upfront.
Most Users Ever Online: 134
Currently Browsing this Page:
Guest Posters: 143
Moderators: Srikanth: 369
Administrators: geekgardener: 692