We can extract the tomato seeds from the tomato's we use at home for cooking, instead of buying seeds.
1. Use a good healthy looking tomato.
2. Scope off the seeds in a cup. I used a Britannia 200gms curd cup after enjoying the curd
3. Add around 2tbsps water to it.
4. Cover with a tissue or cloth and secure with a rubber band.
5. Let it stand in a cool place for a week. Check the water level sometimes, it must not dry out. I did it from Sunday to Sunday.
6. Use a tea strainer to wash the seeds. Wash away all the pulp and fungus molds till only the seeds are seen.
7. Spread the seeds on a tissue and leave to dry in shade for another week.
8. Store in air tight containers or sow immediately. 1 tomato yields lots of seeds.
Most Users Ever Online: 134
Currently Browsing this Page:
Guest Posters: 143
Newest Members:LarryHog, umasridharan, aurorank4, MichaelGroSy, lyndahv11, maeqn1, TosDuasse, leonorkj69, freidagg18, brigitteef3, andrewbd2, ruthieye16, candyyz18, RandyBew, Xiaomiwen
Moderators: Srikanth: 369
Administrators: geekgardener: 691