Please consider registering
Hi I am new to the Forum and Relatively New to Gardening.
I have grown Red Capsicum from Seeds and am facing 2 problems:
(1) Leaves are turning slightly yellow and Falling
(2) New / Young Leaves curling down and Falling
Below is a brief of the plant:
- Growing Medium is a mix of Red Soil + Cocopeat + Vermicompost + Perlite.
- I have been watering the plant regularly. The soil is usually dry on the top 1-2 inches and quite moist below.
- The plants sit on a window that gets a good amount of sun for 4-6 hrs daily.
- I Fertilize using NPK 19-19-19 once a week and every 15 days spray it with compost tea.
Please guide me.
Below is a picture of the yellowing leaf.
Thanks for the reply.
The older leaves at the bottom were turning yellow and falling.
I could not see any small insects in particular but I suspected spider mites as sometimes when I shook the leaves keeping a white color paper below small specs of dirt which I suspect may be spider mites fell. Since these specs were few and I do not know exactly what spider mites looked look like I assumed it might be dirt particles or something. Also I have been seeing a lot of cobwebs between leaves of surrounding plants. I tried spraying / cleaning with a mix of neem oil + water every alternate day but to no effect.
The new leaves are turning downwards especially the tip area and healthy green new leaves falling off on their own.
I am facing leaf curling on my rose plants whereby new leaves are curling upwards and inwards. Also new leaves are getting light green in color with darker green veins. I read somewhere that it could be an iron deficiency problem and to use cheleated iron but here in Mumbai I am unable to find cheleated iron. What is its common name and is there any substitute I can use. Almost all the leaves of the rose plants shed and new leaves have come. I have pruned the plant and use Top Rose fertilizer every 10 days as mentioned on the pack.
Most Users Ever Online: 134
Currently Browsing this Page:
Guest Posters: 143
Moderators: Srikanth: 369
Administrators: geekgardener: 691