This post is long overdue. Have not been able to login for the past one month due to office workloads.. Finally got a chance.
The album link is below,
These photos have been collected over a period of two months and hence the growth progress of the plants can been seen.
I have the following plants currently as shown in the picture
1. Two mint pots doing ok.
2. One native rose, also called paneer rose. Has great smelling flowers.
3. One button rose plant, growing great and seems to be loving the conditions
3. Several radish plants, have harvested them a few of them. They are growing great too
4. About 3 tomato plants. Growing very well with lots of flowers but not even one tomato. Extremely disappointing
5. 5-6 Brinjal plants. Growing extremely well. Had pest attack on a few of them, but as seen in the pictures give great yield.
6. Two okra plants in one pot. Are growing great and flower pods have come out.
7. One bitter gourd plant. Growing well, but not to its full potential because of neglect. Low yield is mainly due to neglect and heavy rains. The thread used to hold the vine got cut and the plan was lying on the ground.
8. 3 hybrid Chrysantheum plants out of which one died. They were bought with flowers , growing well now but no new flowers yet.
9. Several capsicum plants of which only one has survived. Not doing well in the rains.
10. 3 Marigold plants of which I think one is french marigold.
So far, got following yield from the plans
1. About 3 radishes two times
2. About 250gms of brinjals (may be more) shown in the yellow container
3. About 500gsm of brinjals which was harvested today in the last picture.
4. Lots of flowers especially from the small button rose and one marigold plant.
5. 1 bitter gourd.
Any tips on how to make the tomato plants give tomatoes?. Lots of flowers for the past one month, but have not got even one tomato. Not sure if its due to the wrong season. Comments welcome.
All plants are grown 100% organic. I have used the following products
1. Generous amounts of vermicompost
2. Bio-fertilisers shown in the other thread
3. Seaweed fertilizer granules
4. Cow Manure
5. Organic six
I am looking for a source of fish emulsion and poultry fertilizer in chennai. Please let me know if any one is aware.
Also looking for a source to get yellow fly traps, predators for mealy bugs,aphids..etc. Got a source who manufacture and distribute this, but they are not responding, possibly due to small requirements.
Looks very impressive. I came to know about this site just 2 days back. Looks like you have answers to all my questions. Your drip method looks solid. Let me try that out first. Right now I have a custom drip which I have been using for 12-18 months. Gets stuck once in a while but doesn't kill the plants. Will be in touch with you 🙂
I agree with Naveen, very impressive garden. Love the way you've spaced them out.
Keep posting updates at the new forum 'Show Off Your Garden' - http://geekgardener.in/forum/s.....ur-garden/
Most Users Ever Online: 134
Currently Browsing this Page:
Guest Posters: 140
Newest Members:malek, MaryAnnSmore, isabellepr60, Vinay, CharlesTub, AlbertHem, Kolxoznik, CharlesSTO, Santosh singh, Jimmywaimb, Jamesoxirm, ClintonMap, Timothyemome, bugenergy, rdarwin
Moderators: Srikanth: 365
Administrators: geekgardener: 691